FACT is a new experimental outdoor facility which allows the evaluation of technologies for building in real scale.
FACT is designed to perform experimental measurements at different levels:
- the building envelope components themselves;
- the impact of these components on the energy behaviour of internal spaces and the building overall;
- the indoor environmental quality.
The building envelope tests can be carried out measuring:
- heat and mass transfer in the tested envelope;
- light and solar transmission for transparent envelope;
- the efficiency of PV or thermal collector integrated in a façade